Thursday, August 9, 2007

Quick note about comments

As I posted the last blog just a few minutes ago, I scrolled down through a few of the old ones, looking to see if any new comments have been posted.

A brief note about comments--please leave them. I cannot tell you how gratifying it is to see that people are looking at this thing. I think I'm beginning to leave more of a diary, almost for myself, which is a change. My intention is to continue this blog as a record of what goes on in our family, which may not be of interest to many of you.

I set the format of this thing so anyone can leave a comment with no need to do anything special. Honestly, seriously, if you leave only, "Joe from Wichita--read the blog" that's enough. It's not as though I'm getting anything for it, I just like to see who has checked it out. My sister-in-law told me tonight, "I've read it every day, but I've only left a few comments because I didn't know what to say." There are a few blogs I check on occasion, and this I pledge: If I read it, I'm gonna leave something just so the poor fellow knows he's not the only one on this road!

4 comments:

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I've been following along as computer access allowed. Got back from Lowell, MA Monday afternoon. Indiana's flat but it's good to be back home. I've now got 45 states under my belt. I too saw quite a few kayaks and mountain bikes as well. Mountain bikes & mountains - how 'bout that!
Glad the trip went well. Stop in for a Friday lunch. Going to miss you guys. Jeff

Mombo said...

The trip may have ended, Machoid, but the memories will continue throughout your life time, and that of your family! It's kinda a dream come true thanks to Uncle Eli. Glad you all have enjoyed so much in such little time. And, frankly, glad you're back on Hoosier soil. I'll be one of those who continue to enjoy the McKay Chronicles - I have a vested personal interest in the people who will be described. Keep up the creative writing - Miss Collins would be proud!

Grumpyunk said...

Hi Mike. Thanks for stopping in at the GrumpyUnks place. Unk

Mombo said...

Mike, Val, Drew, Alex, Brenna & Braden,
You are home preparing for sleeping in your own beds tonight after a long, lovely vacation where you all have memories to last a very long time. Rejoice over all that has happened. God has blessed you all with a great trip, lots of interesting things to see and do, lots of fun, quite an adventure. Savor each memory. So glad you have had this opportunity! You have been blessed to be a blessing to others.