Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let's Roll

Henceforth and forevermore, let there be a McKay Chronicles, dedicated to the adventures and misadventures of Clan McKay of Medaryville.

The idea was to compile a record during this, the Summer of Mike, that would keep friends and family up to date. Thus far this summer I have been to Ecuador on a 9-day mission trip that went very well, and also to Beaver Island in northern Lake Michigan along with the Drewster for three days of kayak training. Ken Bruland at Inland Seas is a virtuoso in a sea kayak, and I now can say that I feel almost as comfortable in a kayak with the smooth side up as I do with the bumpy side up--which is to say that we spent quite a bit of time upside down!

We leave for Maine in about 10 days, which is the penultimate event during this, the Summer of Mike. Friends and family, my hope is to direct you to this locale so you can keep up with Clan McKay as we traverse east and let us know your thoughts and ideas.

Hustle, make the play, be the hero.

3 comments:

Mombo said...

Yea, let's roll!
The proposed trip east sounds interesting and fun. I will pray that you all enjoy each day, that you are each safe, and that you will see God at work. I'm not good at being away from home for an extended period of time, so I hope it goes well for you all. Enjoy this tremendous opportunity

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm fired up! Just make sure you keep it updated with lots of pictures. I've missed my editions of the "McKay Chronicles" for the past, oh, few years...........

Mombo said...

Hurray for cell phones! Frankly I'm surprised (but glad) that you had it. Hopefully the week will "catch" more than a few racey comments from the neighboring booth and breaded tenderloins. You love people, so you'll be blessed with or without added business. Enjoy the week!