Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time for the old man to brag a little

They say not to pat your own back, because you might break your arm in the process. So I won't. Except to say that I must have some darn fine genes. Pay attention...that's genes, not jeans, for you folks who aren't so good with the vocabulary.

Drew's basketball team is 1-8, which obviously isn't so good. Of course, that is one more win that I ever managed as a head football coach, much to my consternation. For you jeans people, that means I didn't much care for it. Now, 1-8 stinketh, but this much is true: Drew is the man. He scored 14 in a losing effort to Pioneer on Tuesday night. They got beat by 3, and Pioneer is I think undefeated, and I know they won the Midwest Conference tournament. He scored 16 when they got beat by Winamac on Monday night. They have one game left (next Monday at home against South Newton for those of you keeping score), and to this point he is averaging probably 10-12 per game, and there's no question he's the best player on the team. Being that their record is what it is that might not be saying much, but he is routinely guarded by the other team's best player, and WC's coach is finally having Drew defend their best guard. Let it be known that I did beat him in a game of one-on-one last night while wearing cowboy boots. He's twelve now, and the old man can still take him. Woo-hoo!

Maybe I can treat this thing as more of a journal, spend 15-20 minutes putting something up, and post pictures only on occasion. The pictures are really a pain with blogspot.

Brenna's PE class at the Dub shifted into swimming mode today...God help us. If Brenna had fun swimming 27 days in a row, she still would throw a fit about swimming that 28th day. She's really hard to reason with--it's a lot like reasoning with a newel post. She invariably has her way of thinking, but it's bankrupt. Brenna is a perfect example of why 5-year-olds aren't allowed to run for President. Kinda like why we must not, must not elect that Hillary.

I've taken up residence at Jim Dobson Ford in Winamac. In the past three weeks, I believe I've made five or six trips there for various reasons. Oil change in Black Bart, service bulletin work in Black Bart (two trips), air won't get warm in Blue Van (two trips)... at least they have popcorn and ESPN. Come to think of it, maybe I do enjoy going there. I've got Steve on a hunt for a silver, half-ton, 4-wheel drive, crew cab, 40-20-40 front seat, Ford truck. If any of you have one of those in your front yard you'd like to sell me, let me know.

Y'all come back now, hear?

No comments: